Promoting The New Communism
5 Things You Can Do to Spread BA’s
The New Communism EverywhereThe New Communism has the potential to change the way millions of people think about the possibility of a revolution to actually emancipate humanity. But that will only happen if people know about the book, get it and read it. Here are five things that everyone can do to help make that happen.
1. Buy the book. Get everyone you know to buy it (from Revolution Books or on-line at Amazon or Barnes & Noble). Get your book group to buy and read it. And encourage everyone to buy a second copy for a prisoner.
2. Spread awareness about the book. Get out palm cards at events, in neighborhoods, on campuses, on bus seats and in laundromats. Take the book to a local Book Fair. Make a special effort to reach out to immigrant communities. On social media, spread the hashtag – #TheNewCommunism – everywhere
3. Write a review of the book on Amazon. You can do this right on the page that advertises the book. More reviews will give the book more prominence on their site. All you need to do is buy the book on Amazon and set up an account.
4. Get the book into local bookstores and libraries. People can’t read it if they can’t buy it or borrow it. Requests for the book from patrons can make a big difference in convincing bookstores and libraries to order it. Click here for instructions for how to do this. Click here for Rack Cards with all the necessary ordering information.
5. Write us what you are learning at email@example.com. A) Where are you spreading word about the book? What responses are you getting? Who’s buying it and why? And what are people saying about it? (All this information will demonstrate the importance of The New Communism to people in the book industry and can energize them to popularize and distribute the book more widely.) And B) what are important avenues (blogs, zines, news sites) where ads and articles about The New Communism could be placed to reach important sections of society – students, artists, progressive intellectuals, immigrant communities, demoralized Bernie supporters, etc.